Naming A Horse
Miss Caroma's sire and dam have no relevance to her name but word has it she had constant diarrhea as a foal hence the name of a toilet brand!
...the options are endless.
Listed below are some useful hints to bear in mind when naming a horse:
- Names cannot exceed 18 characters, including the spaces.
- Don't apply for names whose spelling or pronunciation is similar to names already registered.
- A name cannot be re-used until 15 years has elapsed since the foaling of a similar named horse.
- Names for broodmares cannot be used again until 12 years has elapsed since that name last appeared in a Volume of the Stud Book.
- Names of winners of Group One races are protected.
For a quick check on whether a name is available or not or for any further help please contact:
New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing
PO Box 38 386 Wellington Mail Centre
p +64 4 576 6240
Confidence in knowing that buying an LA product it has being raised properly and with their record of success in black-type racing you have a better than even chance of the horse competing at the pinnacle of Australasian racing